Sunday 9 February 2014

Snail mail for Valentine























Here is some Snail mail for Valentine's Day! See what's in the Snail mail for my niece Lisette. When we were kids, we wrote each other letters. She loves the sea-blue color. So that became the theme of my snailmail for her and I combined it with white, green and gold.
I've made six little envelopes which are bound together with a velvet ribbon.


  1. In the blue gift bag with the bugs on it is a craft notebook (Hema) that I decorated with stickers and with the name of my niece. The gift bag, that I received with my order at Paperbreeze, is sealed with two hearts stickers. The large craft hearts sticker is from Nikki Dotti and the small blue hearts sticker is from Hema.
  2. In the larger white paper bag is my postcard for Lisette. On the front of the bag I stuck a fish sticker I've ever gotten at Petit Bateau. The bag is closed with a round craft sticker from Etsy. In this kraft sticker I put a golden sticker that says "Oh la la" from Hema.
  3. In the small package, wrapped with green tissue paper, is an envelope with dog stickers. The package is sealed with golden stickers, all from Hema.
  4. On the glitter card from Flow Book for paper lovers (see my former blogpost Thank you Dutch Castle I have stapled a little bag of gardenconfetti. This I found on the FeelGood Market in Eindhoven at Indie-ish. I finished the card with washi tape from Hema.
  5. I collected paint samples in her favorite color. These are available in paint stores for free. Nice to use as a bookmark, or for to punch tiny figures. I put the color samples in a plastic card pouch from Moniss. Take also a look at Postfabriek for more ideas with plastic card pouches. This gift bag is sealed with washi tape from Hema. On the bag, I wrote an idea-tip with a white paint pen from Posca.
  6. The last brown kraft envelope is the one with the special closure (Hema). This includes a little plastic gift bag with two tea bags from Rituals. I made for this bag a blister pack of blue paper with a sticker of Flow. On this you can write a personal message if you like.
Finally, I put the whole stack of envelopes in a sturdy folded page of Flow. First I sealed all the edges with adhesive tape and after that with washi tape. Name and address is written with Posca paint pens. The entire mail is then inserted into a plastic bag from Moniss with some glitter stars in white, blue and gold from Hema.

This is my Snail mail for Valentine's Day! Hope you like it. You can also find many more lovely Snail mail ideas on Pinterest and Instagram.

Let's hope that my niece does not read this blog post before Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wat heb je er fijne post van gemaakt zeg! Mooi geheel zo!
    Groetjes, Ruchama

    ReplyDelete